Wednesday 13 February 2013

Bit of This, Bit of That

 I am all over the place. Working on four different quilts which is very unusual for me. I’m normally a monogamous quilter – one project and then onto the next. But suddenly I find myself working on four all at the same time. It is stressing me out just a little. But one stitch at a time and all that.
Rather than stress you out with details of everything I have to do (trust me, it’s exhausting just thinking about it), I’ll just focus on two of the quilts today!

First up is a bit of an update on the Just My Type patterns and charity quilt. The blocks have started rolling in and are looking so great! I received 9 today (awesome post day – 12 packages, all filled with blocks and fabric-y goodness!).

I have worked out a layout for the quilt – it’s looking like this (thinking of adding the word “Comfort” to the back).

Fontastic Quilt Layout

Obviously the colours of the words are just representations as everyone is choosing their own colours and fabrics. I am using the Simply Color for the top and bottom borders though. And I fibbed. I’m doing two of these quilts (one lowercase, one upper) so that makes five quilts total I have on the go. Good Lord. What is wrong with me?!

With so many blocks coming in and feedback from testers, it means I will have the Just My Type alphabets ready to list in my shop in the next few days! I just need to do a little bit of tweaking and they are good to go!

Just My Type LowercaseJust My Type Uppercase

Also coming soon – I have numbers and punctuation to go with the alphabets! These are yet to be tested though so will be released a little bit after the alphabets (feel free to raise your hand if you want to test numbers and punctuation!).
Just My Type Numbers and Punctuation

Next is my very first quilt for do.good Stitches. I took on the role as host of the Care Circle and so I was up first for January. The girls all sent their blocks in very speedily so I have been able to put together the top and back already!

Unfortunately I do not have pictures yet of both the top and the back because the weather was not cooperating. So here’s the next best thing. A pic of it basted at nighttime. Yeah, the inside at night time pic is better than the windy day pics I attempted.

January quilt Charming Stars for do.good stitches

The other quilts are for Nan’s 90th next month. They are coming together slowly but surely. Hope to have more of an update on those next week!

And I think that’ll do me for now! I’m off to get started on the quilting of the Charming Stars. Wish me luck!
WipWed

23 comments:

  1. I love your word quilt. I have never done paper piecing but want to learn fast now so I can make a quilt like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I like the charming stars in a monochromatic look. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo totally psyched for the letters! Waiting with bated breath for the shop to stalk them. The quilt will look awesome when finished. As a total non-monogamous project person I feel your pain, I'm always scattered but I just have too many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout for the word quilt, love it! I wonder whether the upper and lower case would look better mixed together or as two separates - just food for thought. Hard to tell without laying out in front of me! I'm happy to help with testing the numbers and punctuation. Let me know when you're ready for that. The Do Good Stitches quilt is gorgeous, well done to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with quilting. The stars looks really nice. I'm sure the other quilts will be great too. Just don't stress yourself too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome layout for Just My Type!! I think Simply Color is the perfect accompaniment. Charming Stars looks pretty amazing too! Good luck with the quilting and I can't wait for next week to see the progress you have made on your Nan's quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Both quilts look really good! I love the colors of the Just My Type! It looks fun to make words but as I am not a monogamous quilter - I have loads to do already and loads on my to do list. A word quilt is one of them! I will check your shop for the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paper piecing scares me. You make it look awesome though. And I loooooove the stars! I'm a complete project 'ho, I have a million things on the go and piles of stuff everywhere at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your word quilt is looking amazing and I love the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazeballs. YOu're a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow love the idea of a words quilt, I'm happy to help with testing numbers and punctuation if you need it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just my type quilt looks fabulous and so do the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see Just my Type for real, I like the layout although I do like the idea of mixing the upper and lower case in together too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The word quilts are going to look awesome!
    I would love to test the numbers & punctuation for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - love the "font" on your alphabet pattern - will definately keep an eye out for it to be released. I am dreaming of projects to make with it already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, that's a lot of quilts ~ they are going to be wonderful!
    I'd be happy to test numbers and punctuation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic "type" layout, and all the words are so comforting! Great job on your do. Good Stitches quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the stars. they really pop with the blues and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, both the quilts look fantastic! I am really curious about the final results for the Font-quilts!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely love that alphabet! Can't wait to give it a go! Loving the star quilt too. What a busy little bee you've been. :) Janine S x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes suddenly your to-do list just blew out but it s because you are doing all your queen gigs early up! Love your work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do you still need testers? The alphabet, numbers and punctuation will be must-purchases for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!