Wednesday 18 July 2012

Practically Paper Piecing–A Blog Hop



So we all have those orphan paper pieced blocks lying around right? You know, the ones where you just love a paper pieced pattern and love how the block looks but ugh the idea of making an entire quilt out of those blocks? So the blocks get set aside and create their own little family of orphans... Or does that only happen in my sewing room?

Chirpie bird

I’m starting to think I’m not alone… there are least 23 others in the same boat! That’s right there are 24 of us about to embark on a very fun blog hop! Starting on the first of August, right here at Quiet Play, we’ll be hopping along to see what creative things people have thought of make with the orphan blocks. Oh and of course to make it a bit of fun – there will be giveaways along the way!

Summersville house

We will be hopping 6 days a week and resting on Sunday! Bit of a workout but by the end of August, hopefully we’ll have a fabulous list of things to do with our little orphans. They do badly want a new home after all. I have at least three blocks sitting here, looking most forlorn, likely more hiding in the cupboard. So this blog hop will hopefully take care of some of these blocks!

Yellow Brolly


At the end of August – it’ll be your turn to share! We’ll have a linky party for everyone to share a project made using a paper pieced block, blog hoppers included. And of course we have some fabulous prizes for that.

Here’s just some of what will be up for grabs! Please pop over and check out these fabulous blog hop sponsors too.
Stitches N Giggles
$25 gift voucher from Stitches N’ Giggles
Gorgeous fabrics here! Btw there’s currently 20% off Patty Young’s Lush (amongst other lines) until the end of July! Use code Summer2012

Wrapped in Fabric
$25 gift voucher from Wrapped in Fabric
Check it out Aussie and Kiwi gals – designer fabric on our door step (and ships worldwide if you’re curious)! Sandy has some fantastic mixed FQ bundles that equate to $3 per FQ!

SewLuxButton
$20 gift  voucher from Sew Lux Fabrics and Gifts
Look at the fabulous pre-cut prices! Love me some pre-cuts – little sampling of a whole range of fabric


greenfairybutton
$15 gift voucher from Green Fairy Quilts
In case you need further fabric enabling – there is 30% off FQ and F8 bundles this week!


ShowMePaperPiece
and a book from the Queen of Paper Piecing herself – Carol Doak!

Thank you to the very generous sponsors and also to the gorgeous Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts who designed the button and header for our hop!!

So excited yet? I am! Can you tell by all the exclamation marks?! Hehe. Well it all starts here on the 1st August. Feel free to grab a button from the sidebar and spread the word! Hope you will join us!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, paper piecing scares me but I will give it a go! I have added the button to my blog and spread the word :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to jumping on board and having the hop visit me on the 9th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! (But will have to!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to it! (have amended todays post to add the button)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im away for first week but hope to have internet access, Im really enjoying PP again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and will be following along! I love paper-piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a lot of fun! Just need to find some patterns now =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started paper piecing and I LOVE it! Can you tell me where you found the bird pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angela :) I wasn't able to email you back as it shows you as a no-reply blogger. The bird pattern is one of my designs - I have it available on Craftsy - you can find a link to it on the Patterns page here on my blog :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for letting me know. I think I've got it fixed now. And I will definitely be getting that pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!